Codename: Kids next door

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Numbuh Eleven Hundred

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jill

PostSubject: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:48 am

This is the first time I've attempted to write Fanfiction and, to be honest, I'm not too fond of it, either. But, I figured I'd put it up anyway. I still can't think of a proper name (Sad) so I'm naming it after the main operative.

---

Sffffft.

Christina heard the sound of something being slid onto her desk. She looked up from her current work to see files, folders, and papers sitting across from her. She only held her glance on the stack for a second. She raised her eyes to see the face of Numbuh 903.

“Hey, Numbuh Eleventy-Hundred!” he shouted. That was the number she was christened.

“Actually, it’s just—,”

“Yeah, whatever… So, I’ve got a party to go to. Mind finishing up my work?”

“Uh, w-well…”

“Thanks! See you later!” He yelled as he started toward the elevator and further on to the dock.

“What if I have plans, too?” she mumbled under her breath. She didn’t have any, of course, but why did he assume she didn’t? The thing was, everyone had plans. Everyone had a party to go to. Everyone had somewhere to be tonight. Everyone but Christina, that is. Only Christina would be working on New Years Eve. She never had plans. With Numbuh 903’s added on work, it looked as if she would be pulling another all-nighter--her third one this week.

But then again, she was an important part of the organization. Without her, this place would be a mess! What would they do without Christina, the organizer? Christina, the file-keeper. Christina, the planner. A grin stretched across her face as she focused on these thoughts. They encouraged her as she pulled the next file down. In large, type-writer like letters the words “CAFETERIA MENU” were printed across the top. She opened the file and read the first paragraph. Her eyebrows lowered slightly to give her a look of annoyance. I know what they’d do without me, she thought, they wouldn’t know what they were eating the next day. She closed the file and pushed it aside.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kndrefugee.proboards67.com/
kuwa34
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:50 am

I like this fanfiction you started. good one
It will be great if you continue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kidsnextdoor.forumotion.com
Nina

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:16 pm

clows

woot win
Go on!

good job

It's good!

Write more!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jill

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:25 am

Okay, I won't keep ya'll waiting any longer. Smile

---

The pain in her legs would not stop. Her lungs felt like they were about to burst. But she had to keep running. She couldn’t stop, no matter what. She turned around another corner. When would this maze of scrap metal end? Finally, she came to two large chamber doors. She thrust the huge doors open with all of her might and collapsed as she entered the room. Her eyes were shut tight, her cheeks stained with tears. She could only listen as they read aloud. “He is faced with acts of treason and disloyalty to the Kids Next Door. He is not of decommissioning age but he disobeyed our strict up holdings, an offense which is to be punished through the act of decommission.” She was forced to listen to the speech and to the children boo him as he was being walked to the decommissioning chamber. The tears were coming down harder. It was all lies. It had to be. He would never--

Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep!

The alarm clock had pulled Numbuh Eleven Hundred out of her dreams. She slowly raised her head off of one of the files to reveal a puddle of drool. She squinted her eyes as she tried to read the time on the clock. 12:00 P.M. A weary look of melancholy rested upon her face as she raised her mug of hot chocolate into the air. “Here’s to another year of filing.” She said aloud in a sullen voice.

Numbuh Eleven Hundred didn’t always used to drink hot chocolate, y’know. Back at the Arctic Training Base she had once told her commanding officer that she drank coffee. He sent her to rehab. Apparently, only adults can drink coffee. If you drink coffee then you’re like an adult. If you’re like an adult, you’re a threat to the organization. Therefore, no coffee for KND Operatives. They offered hot chocolate as an alternative, though. Jam-packed with sugar, it was enough to give you a boost in the morning. Besides, it’s not exactly a warm climate in Antarctica; you need something to warm you up a bit.

Ah, the days at the Arctic Training Base were some of the best days of Numbuh Eleven Hundred’s life. She smiled as she remembered her days there. Wait. No. She couldn’t think about that. She wouldn’t think about that. I left those days behind me, she reminded herself. It had been a year since that incident had happened. She needed to get over it. He was 12, anyway, so decommissioning wasn’t too far off for him.

She perched her chin in her hand as she thought about this, placing her elbow in the center of her puddle of drool. She jerked her hand away from the wetness and groaned. Gradually, she lifted herself out of her chair and headed for the bathroom. Surely there’d be some paper towels in there. As she headed out the door an alarm sounded.
Uh-oh, she thought, I know that sound. It was the sound of an incoming transmission. An urgent one, too, because the warning lights were flashing all over the Moonbase. She whirled around and rushed over to a large machine. She looked up at the screen. The transmission was from Sector TA. “URGENT!” flashed on the screen. Well, I guess this really is important, she thought.

Her hands shook as she reached for the button that would accept the transmission. She had never done this. She wasn’t allowed to. She, after all, was a lowly secretary, too unimportant to deal with the critical matters of the KND. She just filed these matters. The transmission was overridden; Numbuh Eleven Hundred was forced to listen to it.
All she could see was a Christmas tree that had been neglected to have been taken down. Instead, the children had just wrapped a “Happy New Year!” banner around it. But, she could also hear screaming-- lots of screaming. She heard various other sounds, too, like gunfire, the crushing of wood, etc. but the screaming stuck out the most to her. She had never heard such screaming before. It was more of a wail, actually, but it held the most sorrow she had ever heard.

Just as unexpectedly as it had started, the transmission flickered out. It left an empty, black screen. Christina just stared at it for a moment. The children had obviously been invaded, but on New Years Day? The KND had made a contract with the adults and teens before—The “We-Don’t-Touch-You-On-Holidays-You-Don’t-Touch-Us-On-Holidays” Treaty. Why would they break this contract when they had been loyal to it for years? And what was with the screaming? She had never heard such a cry. She couldn’t imagine anything could be dreadful enough for someone to wail like that.

What was she doing? She was just standing there, thinking about useless things. This was just the sort of behavior she’d get yelled at for. But, who should she call? Who should she disturb? Most importantly, who would listen?
Back to top Go down
Jill

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:20 am

She decided to call Numbuh 86. Sure, she had a bad temper, but she also knew how to get the job done (mostly using threats and violent tactics.) She knew that of everyone she could contact, she would be the most determined about getting to the bottom of things.

She reached into a compartment of the humongous machine and pulled out a hefty book. This book contained the contact information of every registered KND Operative, from Numbuh 1 to Infinity. Everyone was in here. She flipped a couple of pages until she found it. Ah-ha! Numbuh 86. Her house coordinates (where she would undoubtedly be,) were 1,154 North; 892 South; 349 West; and 932 East. Excellent. She typed in the numbers and gazed at the large monitor as it found her house.

There was confetti strewn all over the floor. She saw what must have been her younger brother, dancing in the background. Her other brother was picking up the scattered confetti on the ground and throwing it into the air again. Numbuh Eleven Hundred smiled as she surveyed the scene.

“What’re yew grinnin’ about?” Numbuh 86 appeared on the screen. Her strong, Irish accent was embedded in her speech.

“N-Number 86, sir, Madame, person, ma’am—,” She sputtered. She was incredibly nervous. She had never spoken to someone of such rank before.

“Out with it!” Numbuh 86 shrieked.

“Uh, y-yeah… ‘K-Kay…,” She said quietly, but her words sped up, “So, there was this thing. And everyone was like ‘Ahhhh!' and it sounded really bad, but I could hear other stuff, too, and it was really awful, but then everything went out and I thought ‘Oh no!’ but—,”

“Whaaaat?”

“I, uh, n-need your help, sir.”

“Oh, no!” She barked, “I am NOT going to do anything tonight! Numbuh 362 told me personally that I could have tonight off. I don’t care what she wants me to do now, I’m not doing it! Transmission End.”

The screen went black. Numbuh Eleven Hundred gaped at the vacant screen. She could try contacting others, but their reaction would just be the same. Besides, there needed to be something done immediately. She looked up at the glass ceiling and gazed at the twinkling stars outside. What would she do now?
Back to top Go down
Nina

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:35 pm

I read it. clows It's very very good job and nice fan fiction. woot

win

You wrote great fan fiction!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kuwa34
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:15 pm

Great chapters!!!Poor numbuh eleven hundred she really need some help!This ain't over jet so please continue I'm so exited. I'm really curious and I really need to know what will happen next?

woot
Back to top Go down
Jill

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:30 am

I'm about 8 chapters ahead, so that's why I'm posting these so quickly. I'm glad you two enjoy my fanfiction, though. I was afraid everyone would think it was cheesey.

---

Numbuh Eleven Hundred stared at the unfamiliar controls. A button made out of the Scrabble letter “R”, a button made out of muffin, a button made out of the thimble Monopoly Piece… Oh, which one started this stupid machine? Or maybe it was one of these levers over here. She shuffled over to a variety of levers of made of different items and varying in shape and size. She paced as she thought, she always paced when she thought. She needed to make a decision now. They needed her help now. “Oh, which one?” she cried.

All KND Operatives are trained to fly vehicles, just in case their pilot is out cold and you’re deserted on a remote island. (Boy, the KND think of everything, don’t they?) Numbuh Eleven Hundred had slept through all this. Y’see, when Numbuh Eleven Hundred was in training, she was a much different kid. She was carefree, funny, and most of all, a rebel. She thought everything was fun and games. But, when she joined the KND, she realized it wasn’t. Kids’ freedom was always at jeopardy. There was always some evil adult trying to make bedtimes earlier, or (God forbid,) make mystery meat a permanent item on the school lunch menu. There was so much more to life than fun. There was so much more than being happy. She had made a commitment that she would do all in her power to help shelter kids… Then why was she a secretary now?

She shook her head in disgust. She shouldn’t be thinking about this right now. Out there there were people that needed her help. She shouldn’t throw a pity-party now, but rather be trying to figure out how to get this piece of junk off the ground! Wasn’t there an instruction booklet for this thing or something?

“You,” bang “Stupid,” bang “Piece,” bang “Of,” bang “Junk!” The banging was the sound of her foot kicking the levers. She delivered one last, hard blow when she screamed “Junk!” Her kicking had moved them around a bit. She put her hand on the control panel, pressing down numerous buttons as she did, and sighed. Her ears perked up. What was that she heard? It was a low humming growing louder and louder. Suddenly, everything came to life. Lights were flashing, the engine was roaring, and the monitor now flashed the words, “Ready to go.” A smooth voice came out of the speakers (So this was one of those “more interactive” ships those engineers were bragging about,) assuring her that she’d be on her way as soon as she chose her destination and he (it sounded like a he,) offered her a beverage. She declined. She looked back at the monitor. It displayed a few technical choices. Numbuh Eleven Hundred browsed through the options and chose auto-pilot. She barely got this thing going, there was no way she could possibly fly it.

Every treehouse was listed on the screen. She scrolled down to find Sector TA. The ship took off in an instant. She could even adjust the miles per hour she was going. A timer counted down from 17 minutes on the monitor. I guess that was the time it would take to get there going at this current speed. Gee, she thought, those engineers really know how to make a vehicle.

She comfortably took off, looking out the window at the sparkling stars as she did. She would go there, find out what was wrong, report back, and be a big hero—instant fame. Everyone would adore her and she’d finally get out from behind that dumb desk. Maybe she could even become supreme leader in the next game of tag. “Yeah, that would be nice,” she said under her breath. Numbuh Eleven Hundred sat back in her chair and perched her arms behind her head as she basked in these thoughts of glory and fame.

As she left, an alarm went off. A loud siren could be heard all about the moonbase. Messages were sent to all sectors and the private communicators of important figures in the KND Organization. The monitor used to accept transmissions in the Moonbase even flashed the words. The message was this: “STOLEN SHIP – ENEMY BREACH”

Last edited by on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nina

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Go on!!!
button made out of muffin, I think it's delicious, but me on this picture looks grouse:

Green pistachio muffin:

eeeew

But this one banana muffin look nice:

MMMM, nice!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kuwa34
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Nice chapter Jill!!!I likeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woohooooooooo!!!!Yay

But that green pistachio maffin looks ewwaky eeeeek eeeew Ahhhh
Back to top Go down
Jill

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 am

aaarggh
That muffin looks gross!

This chapter was so fun to write. It is, by far, my favorite one, yet. Like a Star @ heaven

---

“I want to know something now!” Numbuh 362 barked. The scientist cowering before her had raised his clipboard in front of his face to shield himself from her fuming stare.

“W-well, sir, u-uh… We don’t know t-too much…” He trailed off.

“I want to know what you do know—any productive information you have.”

“Weeeell, I do know she’s not a very good secretary because she fell asleep and there’s drool all over the return forms for our ice-cream trade with Spain! And—,”

“Numbuh 204, PRODUCTIVE information.”

“Oh, s-sorry… Well, a ship was stolen but no 2x4 technology. We suspect a group of teenagers invaded when we were vulnerable, even though there’s, like, virtually no sign of them being here! Since she was here alone, well, we think they took her. I mean, she could pose I threat and tell on them, right? Hey, why was she here, anyway? I mean, who works on New Years? That’s totally—,”

“That is enough, Numbuh 204.” Numbuh 362 said with a turn as she headed toward the desk.

Scientists and investigators had taped off the area around Numbuh Eleven Hundred’s workspace. Numbuh 362 elegantly stepped over the yellow-black tape as she walked over to the desk. She studied it for a moment. Nothing was out of place... No dents or scratches on the desk… It didn’t look like there were any signs of struggle. Why would she permit to be taken so easily? All KND Operatives had some training in fighting. She carefully made her way over to the Transmission monitor. A group of scientists huddled as they surveyed the some of the evidence they had collected.

“How’s it look, boys?” Numbuh 362 inquired.

“Real strange, ma’am. Jest one footprint and we’ve a’ ready confirmed its Numbuh Eleven Hundred’s. No handprints or nothing. It’s real weird.” The scientist’s southern accent shined through his words. He pushed his glasses closer to his eyes, pulled his hat down, and squatted with the other scientists, each comparing liquids in test tubes.

She exhaled and made her way back to the desk. She gazed as it while she collected her thoughts. Why would the teenagers break the treaty? They’ve honored it for years, she thought. She ran her fingers through her hair and groaned. Why would the teenagers do this? Wait, how did the teenagers do this? Not to be critical, but the teenagers usually did sloppy jobs. The last time they tried to raid our cookie supply they left muddy footprints (which took forever to get out of the carpet, need I mention.) How could they pull off such a scheme that even had the KND’s top scientist’s minds boggling? It doesn’t even look like they did it. It looks like she just—

“Numbuh 362, sir!” Numbuh 86 rushed through the door. She bent over and tried to catch her breath.

Numbuh 362 turned in her direction. “Yes?”

“What’s,” huff “going on?” She asked in muddled breaths.

“A secretary was kidnapped. They stole one of our ships, too.”

“WHAT? Oh, not that Eleventy Hundred girl!”

Numbuh 362 cast her a puzzled look, “Yes, her. How did you get that information?”

“W-well, uh, she kind of… c-called me.”

“What!?” Numbuh 362 thrust herself toward her, “What did she say?”

Numbuh 86, now quaking in fear, meekly replied, “Uh, she s-said she heard something… but I had the right to stay at my home! I had tonight off!” she shot back in defense.

“And you would stay home when a fellow operative was in trouble?” She questioned. Fanny shrank and lowered her head in humiliation.

Numbuh 362 sighed and stared at her feet, thinking a moment. She then said, without moving from her position, “Tell the scientists all you know—all you saw. That information is vital, and they could use it.” She turned toward her office, slowly making her way there, leaving Numbuh 86 standing there with a dumb-founded look on her face. As Numbuh 362 made her way back to her office, she muttered under her breath, “I need a Root Beer…”
Back to top Go down
kuwa34
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:16 pm

Uh yeah this was great chapter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Numbuh Eleven Hundred   

Back to top Go down

Numbuh Eleven Hundred